Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"That" guy

Have you read through the book of Jeremiah? I'm journaling my way through it right now, something that I don't normally do, but felt like I needed to do. It's been so good.

Many things amaze me about Jeremiah. The dude was probably clinically depressed. He spoke what God wanted him to speak and didn't seem to get any results. In today's reading he takes on a false prophet and basically tells him, "You are not from God. You are not speaking the words of God. You're a liar."

Hananiah (the false prophet) was speaking on behalf of God, but wasn't speaking the truth from God.

I'm not sure why that jumped out of the page at me this morning except to be reminded of the fact that everyone who speaks on behalf of God isn't necessarily speaking the truth from God.

I don't want to be that guy. I don't want to listen to that guy.

But that guy is everywhere. May God give us wisdom and discernment to know the truth.

No comments: