Friday, May 27, 2011

Why we do what we do

I posted yesterday about this coaching network that I'm in. Yesterday we talked about vision/mission, staying focused on the vision/mission, and doing the unique thing that God has called me and our church to be and do.

I know it sounds strange, but I need to be reminded of our vision/mission. I need to be reminded on a regular basis. And so do you.

Hub City Church is all about making disciples who make disciples. A disciple is someone who hears from God and does what he says. And disciples are made through intentional relationships.

The above paragraph is why we do what we do. It's the filter that we run everything through. It's why we only do a few things: Worship, Hub Groups, and serve in the community.

I figured if I needed to be reminded of why we do what we do, then maybe the rest of you Hub City Slickers needed to be reminded as well.

No comments: