Monday, December 08, 2008

Lies Christians Believe about $$$ - part 1


I'm privileged to be able to get free books every once in a while if I promise to blog about them. Well, I got this book in the mail last week and started reading it today. It's very entertaining and I look forward to blogging about it in a couple of weeks. But it got me thinking about money.

I'm going to do a few posts on lies that Christians believe about money. This may develop into a series in the Spring. I'll warn you: I am sure this post will offend some people. Some of you may feel guilty. Somebody may want to egg my house (I shoot back... I promise). My goal is not to offend, make you feel guilty or get my house dirty.

I have strong feelings and convictions about this topic. I think that money, the way we spend money, our attitudes towards money and money's influence and power in our culture are important. I believe that this one issue does more to stunt our discipleship that almost anything else.

So, what lies to Christians believe about money? Come back tomorrow for Lie #1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This should be fun. I love this topic. We narrowly avoided bankruptcy a number of years ago after being told that was our only option. Here we are, *almost* completely out of debt! I can't wait to call Dave Ramsey and yell "FREEDOM!"

Offend away, Brother. There is nothing like a good challenge to get us thinking, even if we are not in complete agreement. We could probably use some motivation in this area to give us a little boost again.