Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One liners

I was talking with someone on the phone yesterday, telling them about Hub City Church and realized that we have a lot of one liners that we use to describe us. I'm a K.I.S.S. person (Keep It Simple Stupid) because I think simple is memorable. So I've worked pretty hard to come up with some one-liners that describe us, speak about our values and create a common language and rallying cry for who we are and what we're about. Now I know you're dying to know what those one-liners are! Here you go:
  • It's more than Sunday.
  • Making disciples who make disciples.
  • Creating a church that 20 and 30 somethings want to be a part of.
  • No perfect people allowed.
  • No one stands alone.
  • We're passionate about Jesus, relationships and making Spartanburg a better place to live.
Now I know what some of you are thinking: I've heard some of these before. Duh. One-liners don't have to be original. They just need to be authentic and genuine to who you are and what you're about. These pretty accurately describe who we are and what we're about. I'd love to hear some one liners that describe your community, church or job. I might want to steal them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, while Linwood was recovering from his recent surgery, I noticed posted on the unit on which he was a patient, a list of values of that particular nursing unit. This one stuck with me - "There is enough for everyone." I love it and want to steal it for Regional Hospice!