Monday, May 01, 2006

AAAHHH!!!

You know, there really is nothing like a little stress in our lives to keep us agitated. In 25 hours we are supposed to close on our new house. I am pumped, excited, thrilled, etc.. But in the back of my mind, or the pit of my stomach, I have this fear that things aren't going to work out. Do my fears have any grounding? No. It's just like I've been nailed by this wave of fear that's pulled me under and I'm all disoriented and confused, half unconsious, struggling to get to the surface.

Then there's this little voice that keeps quietly asking: Do you trust me? And I know that the answer to my fear problem is the same as the answer to my sin problem. It's trust. God is inviting me, once again, to trust Him.

I wonder how often we miss out on the opportunity to see God work, to see God move, to see God show up because we give in to our fears and miss the chance to trust Him. I really don't want to miss God. I just wish it didn't have to be so hard all the time.

I keep coming back to that verse in Hebrews that says without faith it is impossible to please God. I want to please God, but more than that, I don't want to miss Him. I don't want you to miss him either.

Maybe the next post will be from our new home. Until then...

No comments: