Thursday, July 25, 2019

Stuff that breaks my heart

I have so much going through my mind, that I don't even know where to begin. In an effort to help me process and communicate what I'm thinking, I'm re-engaging with the blog.

My first thing to share is this: I am heartbroken this morning about the state of the church, and in particular, those who claim to be followers of Jesus. In all honesty, I'm not sure there is any hope for the church in America. Here are a few of the reasons why.

  • We're more concerned about politics than about living as citizens of God's kingdom. 
  • We care more about political agendas than our friends and families coming to know Jesus.
  • We're just like our culture with our lack of civility and us vs. them mindset.
  • We can't seem to get along.
  • We label and condemn those who believe differently than us, even if the disagreements are about secondary matters.
  • We are not known for our love.
  • We fallen into the traps of social media.
  • We no longer need a church family.
  • We no longer really need Jesus, or at least we don't live like it.
  • We have so many idols.
  • We are prideful and condescending.
  • We are closed to correction.

I know we will never be perfect, but that is not an excuse for what we've become. 

It's time to humble ourselves and repent. It's time to get back to our first love.

It's time to pray: Lord, bring revival, and let it begin with me.

No comments: