Thursday, November 07, 2013

My binge drinking dog

My dog, Henry, is a binge drinker. He'll drink two to three bowls of water at a time. It's strange. I think he has a problem. But then last night happened.

Last night we discovered that Henry got into Matthew's Halloween candy: Nerds, Laffy-Taffy, Smarties and Sweet-tarts.

It appears that candy makes dogs thirstier than normal, so last night Henry had more water than normal, probably four to five bowls. This heavy drinking caused him to wake up at 4 in the morning needing to go out. But I'm asleep at 4 AM, so Henry, after holding it as long as possible (at least I assumed he tried to hold it), let pee leak all over my bathroom... every rug... dribbles on the linoleum floor... lots of pee... everywhere. Not what you want to find when the dog finally woke me up at 4:36.

And guess what? Candy must also make dogs have to poop more. By 8:30 this morning Henry had pooped 3 times with each poop filled with an assortment of candy wrappers.

I am seriously considering finding Henry a new home. 

I apologize for the gross post, but this was a story that needed telling.

No comments: