Monday, April 22, 2013

Parallel Tracks

One thing I've been reminded of lately is that life runs on a series of parallel tracks. One set of tracks is the really good stuff that's happening. The other set of tracks includes problems and other bad stuff.

If your like me, then you tend to lean towards the track with all the problems and bad stuff. It steals your attention. It robs you of your joy. It can consume you.

If this is you then it's possible to go through life paralyzed by all the bad stuff and never moving forward because you're always putting out fires.

However, if you are one of those rare people who only focuses on the good and ignores the bad then you'll never improve.

But I think that life was meant to be lived in the tension between the two. We need to celebrate the good while at the same time addressing the bad. I'm constantly learning how to do this.

Not sure if this helps anyone but it's been on my mind a lot the past few days.

No comments: