Thursday, January 17, 2013

For Parents

I came across this verse from Psalm 78 the other day and knew as soon as I saw it that I need to be praying it for my kids daily. I thought you might want to be praying it too.

Psalm 78:7 Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

I also like the HCSB translation: So that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God’s works, but keep His commands.

I want more than anything for my boys to trust in God, to put their confidence in Jesus, to never forget what He has done and to walk in obedience to His commands all the days of their lives. 

I also want to recommend and incredible resource that will help you in praying for your kids. It's Mark Batterson's booklet, Praying Circles around Your Children. It is super short and really cheap. You can read it in less that an hour, but I will forever change how you pray for your kids.

If you're like me then you need all the help you can get. Order this book today.

No comments: