Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I am a Follower - A Review

I think the best description that I can give of Leonard Sweet's book, I am a Follower, is that it is the anti-leadership leadership book. That might not make sense. But it will if you read this book. Which you should do, especially if you are a Christian in any type of leadership.


Sweet brings us back to the most important thing. It's the thing that we forget all the time. We are followers of Jesus first and foremost. And following Jesus changes how we lead. If it's not changing how we lead then we're leaders first and followers second, and this is not how we, as Jesus followers, are supposed to lead.


There are so many good nuggets in this book. I have it highlighted throughout. But I have to share a quote of Bob Roberts that he shares: In America we don't plant churches, we plant worship services. This hit me big time.


There's stuff in there that will hit you too. This book will change how you think of leadership. It will change how you follow the one who has called you to follow him.

No comments: