Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Too many choices

I was talking with someone this morning about decisions and choices. We live in an over-choiced society. Don't get me wrong, I like having options, but what I've discovered is that the more choices we have the more likely we are to freeze up, and when we freeze up we end up not making any choices.

I see this ALL THE TIME. I see it in some of the college students and 20-somethings that I know. I see this when my kids pour over the Toys R Us catalog as they try and figure out what they want for Christmas.

So the question becomes: How do you make the right choice? Which way do you go?

I'm still thinking through this, but I think that most of the time you just need to make a decision, and then be faithful to the decision. I know sometimes God says "do this, don't do that, go here, don't go there." But it's been my experience that most of the time God says "use wisdom and then be faithful."

God has the ability to bless many of our decisions or life choices (as long as they aren't opposed to what he says in his Word).

So, stop being paralyzed. Make a decision. Then be faithful. Don't make it a bigger deal than it is.

Thoughts?

No comments: