Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What I'm learning about being a disciple.

Our small group/Hub Group is spending this coming year studying the life of Jesus. Actually, all of our Hub Groups are studying the same thing. What we're doing is going through Jesus' life, looking at stories and learning how to be a disciple and how to disciple. Today I spent some time reflecting on our first two weeks and what God is teaching me about being a disciple.

We first looked at this story and then at this story. So far, here's what I'm learning about being a disciple. It boils down to three things:
  1. Hearing Jesus' voice.
  2. Trusting he knows better than me.
  3. Doing what he says/obedience.
This leads me to ask two types of questions.
  1. Am I hearing from Jesus, trusting him and doing what he says?
  2. Am I helping others to hear from Jesus, trust him and do what he says?
That's just a bit of what I'm learning about being a disciple. I'm sure there will be more to come.

No comments: